An original print from Markus Lüpertz
Colour serigraphy (2000)
handsigned and numbered (40)
Authenticated with embossing from Atelier Lüpertz
Paper 69,5 cm x 47 cm
Information about the artist:
Markus Lüpertz, born 25.4.1941 in Liberec (Czech Republic) - formerly: Reichenberg (Bohemia) - had a moving life, it started early:
In 1948 the family escaped to the Rhineland and settled down in Rheydt.
He studied at the Werkkunstschule Krefeld under Laurens Goosens, then at the monastery Maria Laach and one semester at the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf.
In order to finance the studies, he works in coal mining and road construction.
After a short intermezzo in the French Foreign Legion, he settled as an artist in Düsseldorf in 1961, but soon (1962) moved to West Berlin.
In 1970 he received the prize of the Villa Romana and spent a year in Florence, 1971 the prize of the German Critics Association.