An original print from Markus Lüpertz
Colour serigraphy, 1998
handsigned and numbered (40)
Authenticated with embossing from Atelier Lüpertz
Paper 36 x 97 cm
Information about the artist:
Markus Lüpertz, born 25.4.1941 in Liberec (Czech Republic) - formerly: Reichenberg (Bohemia) - had a moving life, it started early:
In 1948 the family escaped to the Rhineland and settled down in Rheydt.
He studied at the Werkkunstschule Krefeld under Laurens Goosens, then at the monastery Maria Laach and one semester at the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf.
In order to finance the studies, he works in coal mining and road construction.
After a short intermezzo in the French Foreign Legion, he settled as an artist in Düsseldorf in 1961, but soon (1962) moved to West Berlin.
In 1970 he received the prize of the Villa Romana and spent a year in Florence, 1971 the prize of the German Critics Association.
Afterwards, the success of his multifaceted activity in arts begins:
- painter (since 1960)
- sculptor (since 1980)
- stage painter (various operas)
- poet (publishes poetry since 1975)
- publisher (magazine "Frau und Hund")
- jazz musician (with own band and regular appearances, e.g. at exhibition vernissages)
- prints (etchings, lithographies and serigraphies)
- lecturer (Karlsruhe: Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Künste, 1974 as a guest lecturer, 1974-1987 as professor) Düsseldorf: Staatliche Kunstakademie, 1986 professor, 1988-2009 rector, Kolbermoor: Academy of Fine Arts at the Alte Spinnerei, lecturer since 2014)
- organizer of the 1st Biennale Berlin (1974)
Despite all the polemics, his eccentricity and the claim of genius (who does not see parallels to genius Salvador Dalí?), today he is one of the most popular and famous German artists alive.